Textbook Returns for Spring Quarter 2017
LAST DAY FOR FULL REFUNDS IS
MONDAY, APRIL 17th, 2017.
Last day for winter quarter textbook refunds was January 17th, 2017.
- ALL REFUNDS REQUIRE THE ORIGINAL, UNALTERED PRINT RECEIPT (original electronic receipt is acceptable).
- ALL BOOKS MUST BE RETURNED IN RESALABLE CONDITION per publisher standards (for new and new rentals) and buyback standards (for used and used rentals).
- NO REFUNDS ON DIGITAL CONTENT (eBook, online access, etc.).
- NO REFUNDS ON COURSE READERS.
- ALL SHRINK-WRAPPED, SEALED ITEMS ARE NOT RETURNABLE IF OPENED.
- REFUNDS WILL BE CREDITED IN THE ORIGINAL FORM OF PAYMENT.
A 25% restocking fee will apply to textbooks returned between 04/18/17 - 04/21/17 if not accompanied by verification of student drop, course cancellation, or book dropped by instructor (and the Bookstore has been notified).
AFTER APRIL 21st, 2017 ALL TEXTBOOK SALES ARE FINAL.
- Orders placed online will adhere to the same return policy as stated above.
- The day the order was processed will be considered the purchase date for returns purposes. Returns date will apply unless your order is cancelled before it has been processed.
- Cancellations must be made in writing by sending an email to email@example.com. Please include your full name, student ID number, and order number when inquiring.
- Refunds cannot be processed until the next business day after items are processed.
- IMPORTANT: Picking up online purchases is the customer's responsibility. Orders not picked up by the end of the quarter will be re-shelved or donated.
- Shipping fees are not refundable, and the return shipping expense is the responsibility of the customer.
- The De Anza College Bookstore is not responsible for returned merchandise that was lost or damaged during shipping. The best method to return merchandise by shipment is through an insured carrier (UPS or FedEx).
Send all returns to the address below or visit the De Anza College Bookstore in person:
De Anza College Bookstore
Attn: Online Returns
21250 Stevens Creek Blvd
Cupertino, CA 95014
ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
Non-text merchandise may be returned within seven days of purchase for a refund or exchange, unless otherwise stated, when accompanied by the original, unaltered receipt (original electronic receipt is acceptable). Items purchased on sale are not eligible for refund or exchange.
Computer Software / Hardware
All SALES FINAL on ALL Computers, regular stock and special orders, Hardware and Software. Accessories - May be returned if unopened in original packaging and resalable condition with the original receipt WITHIN 7 DAYS of purchase. Defective Merchandise - We will gladly exchange any defective merchandise unless the manufacturer's warranty requires other means of replacement or repair. For all defective Apple Products please go to an Apple Store Genius Bar.The Bookstore does not knowingly sell defective merchandise. *Some manufacturers offer a 30-day trial period. The condition of this type of sale is with the manufacturer of the software and not with the Bookstore, in such cases, you must deal directly with the manufacturer.
Non-returnable Merchandise Some Merchandise cannot be returned to the Bookstore for any reason: College Catalogs, Course Readers, Calculators, Scantrons, Parscores, Bluebooks, Computer Hardware or Software, Special Orders and Electronic Books.
Defective Merchandise We will gladly exchange any defective merchandise unless the manufacturer's warranty requires other means of replacement or repair. The Bookstore will never knowingly sell defective merchandise.
Returned Checks If you write a check to us on which payment is refused by your bank, you may be subject to certain fees besides the fees levied by your bank. The fee for a returned check is $25.00 payable in cash, money order or cashier's check (sorry, no personal checks accepted) at the bookstore. You MUST make payment in full or provide us with a letter from your bank indicating their error within 30 days. Failure to respond within 30 days to our request for payment will result in your check being referred to the Santa Clara District Attorney's office.