The textbook rental program allows students to rent selected textbooks for the duration on the current quarter.
Textbook Rental TERMS OF AGREEMENT
When you sign the rental agreement in store (or agree to the terms online), you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. I understand and accept the responsibility that at the end of the current quarter, it is my responsibility to return the books rented under this program by August 19th, 2016 or pay the replacement price (as stated below) of the books in my possession. Payments can be made with check, cash, credit, or debit.
2. I understand that the book rented by me is the property of De Anza College Bookstore and in accepting the terms of this book rental program, I accept the responsibility to use the book and return it to the De Anza College Book store in a resalable condition.
3. I understand and authorize De Anza College to place my student records on hold if the book is not returned by August 19th, 2016
Once a hold is placed it may take up to 48 hours to be released.
4. I understand that if my book is returned after the deadline
August 19th, 2016, I will pay the replacement fee, a $10.00 late penalty, and I will not be eligible for this program the following quarter.
5. I understand that the rental fee is refundable during the refund period if the book is brought back in the same condition. Full refunds without exception must be completed by Friday, July 1st, 2016, and a 25% restocking fee will apply if my book is returned on Tuesday, July 5th, 2016. Textbook rental fees are non-refundable after July 5th, 2016.
6. I understand the rental book must be brought back with minimal highlighting, writing / marking (pen, pencil or otherwise), no liquid damage, torn or missing pages. No Exception, you will pay the replacement fee for the textbook if it is not returned in resalable condition.
7. I understand that it is my responsibility to check the book(s) before renting for any kind of writing / markings, damage, bent or torn papers and inform the cashier and get the damage recorded on my rental sheet.
8. I have read and fully understand the provisions and the terms of this agreement as outlined and I agree to adhere to all conditions and terms as stated.